Monday, April 12, 2010

Lesson Learned

Everytime we come so close to making things happen,
Something always seems to interfere.
Funny thing is, as a child
I was always told that if a man is truly
interested in a woman, he will figure out
a way to make sure things happen.
I'm not sure where things became lost in
translation but it seems as though
lately, I've been walking into dead ends streets.
Everytime I think I see the light in the path ahead,
it's burned out by the time I reach my destination.
Well, I'm done following the trail that leads no where.
I'm ready to see where the other trails in the road lead.
This time, I'm going to go right instead of left.
I'm not going to look back.
I'm going to head towards the gold at the end of the rainbow.
This time there will be no fool there!
Only joy and happiness.
Peaceful and blissful.
No wondering if I should keep trudging ahead
trying to find my way alone, because this time
I'll know where I'm headed and not wondering with whom.
Thanks for all the lessons learned.
Without them, I wouldn't know what resolution, happiness,
completeness, contentment, and love thy self means.
These lessons have been more than I could ever have imagined.
There is no anger in my heart because if there was,
I wouldn't be able to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment